Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Namesake

The Namesake is a movie we got on Netflix the other day and watched last night and this morning...it felt like the thing was about 4 hours long, and then when it was over, I looked at the package and it said it was an hour and 45 minutes. What?!



I don't think movies should be like that. Moving on.



I don't know what my bloggings will look like as the summer begins and also utter craziness, but do know that I recognize the faithful bloggers out there need to know what's going on, so I will try my hardest to keep the communication lines open.



Oh! So fun. Last Wednesday, Daniel and Andrew (the Program Director at camp) had to go to a church youth group to give a presentation about camp, and it was in San Jose. They invited Lori (Andrew's wife) and I along. I wanted to go, to get out of camp and I love San Jose, but I wasn't so much excited about the whole presentation thing. But, being the loving, caring, wonderful wifeys we are, we decided to join them.



Here is a run-down of the events of the evening:



4:30--Lori, Sarah, and I go running.....the hard core king. We ran 3 miles on trails through Big Basin. So fun. And soooooo hard-core.



5:30--We are done running and head home super-fast to shower.



6:00--The Proffitts meet the Bradfords and we head over the hill.



6:20--We get on Bear Creek, the windiest road in the mountains, but a faster road to San Jose.



6:25--All of us are car-sick. We have worked out hard and have empty stomachs.



6:45--Still car-sick, but we reach San Jose. Andrew says there is a Starbucks he wants to stop at before we go to the church. A good thing, considering we all are about to throw up. We need something in our stomachs.

The Starbucks happens to be in one of the most amazing malls around here. The eating place thing is right on the edge of the mall, so you can park and go to The Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs...much like malls in Dallas or Houston, for those of you who live in Texas.

6:50--We are driving around the parking lot of the mall aimlessly, trying to find a parking spot. But everyone else in San Jose also wanted to go to the mall. We have to be at the church at 7 aand it's still almost 10 minutes away. It seems hopeless. But Andrew is set on getting his Starbucks.

6:55--Still driving around. I'm thinking "we're definitely going to be late, but if you guys aren't concerned about that, then I'm not either". I say nothing. Lori doesn't either.

6:56--we leave the parking lot and go to the parking GARAGE (even farther away) to find a spot. On the 2nd level. We are now a million years away from the Starbucks and are walking there with 4 minutes until we are supposed to be at the church.

6:56--I am starving.

6:57--We are walking to Starbucks and we pass PF Changs. I look at Daniel and say "wow, that sounds soooo good right now." He goes "I know, doesn't it?". Andrew and Lori are leading the way, and then Andrew turns and heads towards PF Changs. I'm thinking "Um, Starbucks is the OTHER way"

6:58--We walk into PF Changs. Lori and I are like "what?" and Daniel and Andrew say "Actually there is no presentation. We just wanted to take you girls out to dinner!"

6:58--"What? Are you kidding? No way! Seriously? etc, etc...." (me and Lori)

7:00--We sit down to a wonderful dinner date at PF Changs!

The night wasn't over then, however. We then went and played miniature golf at the coolest course I've ever been to, complete with one of those windmill barn things. You know what I'm talking about?

Anyways, it was so fun! Then we went and got coffee/dessert and headed home. It was sooooooo much better than a presentation, and I have the best husband!

So, that's my fun story of the day.

Well, I am off to the pool. It's really hot here today, and I've been working with Daniel on the Apostle program all day...and I can't stand to stay in my house for very long right now b/c it's soooooo HOT in there, even with the windows cracked and the shades drawn.

Happy sun-tanning!

1 comment:

Brittany Bankhead-Kendall said...

hey bree! brian and i keep a blog too (briandbritt.blogspot.com), we love reading other people's as well :). your blog cracked me up, though... sounds like cali is a great place to be!