Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scramble Cakes

We went camping this weekend. With some friends. In tents. And if you know anything about me, you know that is a miraculous thing.
Ahh, the camp fire. Typical element necessary in camping.







Don't forget the tent! Here is Daniel lounging on the front porch of our spacious Eddie Bauer version.



We roughed it, let me tell you. I'm serious, too! We slept on the ground and froze, people. And in the morning, I woke up with the aches and pains of a person in their 100s. Seriously.


We were also roughing it big time because we were surrounded by people in their huge bus RVs. We could see them in their cozy lit windows in the evenings enjoying warmth and television while we shivered and wrapped ourselves in hundreds of layers.


Okay so maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit :). We did sleep on the ground and it was cold, but we went to the beach and walked around and layed out, we ate like kings and queens, and at one point we got in the car and went and got a latte. So we weren't "roughing it" unless of course you count the people in the RVs. We were definitely roughing it if you throw them into the mix! Oh, and in case you were wondering, "scramble cakes" are when you're camping and attempt to make pancakes over the portable propane griddle you brought, but you also don't have a spatula (which is necessary in pancake making), and the pancakes turn to scramble cakes! Still good though.


You want to see our house? Okay! I remembered to load the pics onto my computer this time.


Brace yourself. Drum roll, please!


This, my friends and familia, is our deck.

View from the back door. This is also the view from our kitchen window (they're on the same wall). So I wash dishes and look at the redwoods. Not quite the view from California you were expecting, huh? Don't worry, the beach is not far.


And....the Internet won't let me upload anymore pictures. However, I think this whole "you must wait to see the pictures because the Internet is dumb" thing keeps the suspense in the air. Because once I post the pictures of the house, all we might have for awhile is typing! And it's good to break up the typing with pictures.

All in all, it seems a good thing for all parties involved.

So that's our weekend camping. This weekend my parents are coming into town for all sorts of shenanigans! So maybe we'll take some fun pictures then that can be posted on here probably around 4 months from now, when the Internet maybe stops being lame, but probably not :)

I will also post pictures of the bicycle I just got. I have not ridden a bike since I was like, 12. But riding a bike is like, well, riding a bike. And you pick it back up pretty fast. Especially when you have an amazing mustard-yellow vintage commuter bike with a cute rack on the back for holding all of my "bike-ish" things....stay tuned.

So, life in California is still an adventure, for sure. I'm learning a lot about myself in this time I'm not working. I'm also beginning to wonder what on earth i'm going to do after summer is over and I have to get a job...

we'll think about that later....Daniel and I are about to go on a bike ride. Isn't that a cute, newlywed thing to do?



3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love being wives that comment on each other's blog!! We're so grown up! hahahahaha. Your deck looks amazing, hopefully we can get out there to see it in person one day! I'll have to look into those other books you read b/c I am getting seriously isolated w/ no job and now no novel!! I am reading some Jane Austen I never knew I never read... Northanger Abby. I'm also making some quilts (haha trying).
Also, did you have a pad thingy under your sleeping bag... those make all the difference and help with warmth too!! Isn't it great being all cozy in a tent with your hubby!! When we camped it stormed and stormed and it was so nice to be so close together and cuddly in our sleeping bags hearing the rain! ahhh
love you girl

Megan said...

LOVE the deck! I'm way jealous! And what an amazing view! Can't wait to see the rest of it! :) Love ya!

RacheldHurley said...

oh this reminds me of base camp...haha. you are so lucky to live right there in the redwoods though!