Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ohhhhhhhhh Camp.

Apostle 3 already...only 1 more to go after this? It seems strange that we spent months preparing for this program, and we spent more time preparing for it than we've actually been running it.

I had a similar feeling not to long ago----oh yeah, it was my wedding! 5 months of planning crammed into 5 hours of party. Wonderful, yes, but short? yes, yes.

We are still doing well...the other day a mountain lion was spotted chasing 2 bucks down the road from camp, so we're all on mountain lion alert. Not freaking out, but on alert, yes.

This weekend most of the camp staff is running a 10k race in Santa Cruz. I haven't run in awhile, so wish me luck.

In other news, I actually went to Texas a few weeks ago. My great-grandmother (Granny) passed away at the age of 93. What a life!!! I was amazed that I actually got to come to Texas for the funeral--if you didn't know I was in town, don't feel bad. I didn't tell anyone and it was a really spur of the moment trip....and I spent most of it with family, which was fabulous. It was a really great time of celebration and love, and remembering a beautiful life. The whole trip was a blessing...and it came at a much-needed time. I needed to get out of camp for a bit, needed to see my family, and I needed to be able to express the things I'm learning up here with them and have them accept me in it. so overall, it was really great and restful.

I'm sorry i'm a terrible summer-camp blogger. I have to run.....duty calls!

No comments: