Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tis the Season?

Yes, tis the season I believe. Today I got up at 6:15, went in the kitchen and got some oatmeal and some coffee, then talked with Daniel while he got ready for work (he has to leave at 6:45--the life of a basketball coach). After he left, I sat on our cozy couch with my cozy robe and cozy blanket, opened my Bible to 1 Corinthians 15, and promptly fell asleep. Until 8. I have to be at work at 8:45 on Tuesdays.

Mobo (the puppy) must have realized I needed to sleep, because she laid quietly in her bed until I woke up. That is not the norm.

When I bolted off the couch at 8, I debated taking a shower. I took one last night, but I didn't wash my hair. When did I wash it last? Can't remember. Could I just pull it back and it would look fine? No, not today--my bangs were on full stand-on-end alert.

Into the shower I go. I have no choice these days but to be a fast shower-er, because our water heater keeps us accountable by promptly running out of hot water when it thinks you've been in there long enough.

I get out of the shower to find that Mobo has peed on my bathmat, and she also needs to be fed before I put her back in her crate--it's too cold today for her to stay outside, and the garage is full of wonderful things she'd love to chew on and or/digest. I need to be out the door at 8:35. I got 10 minutes to feed and water the dog, take her outside to potty, dry my hair, find something to wear, and throw some makeup on.

I succeed. The dog chowed down and made it to the crate, my hair is a little flat, my makeup is most definitely thrown on, and my sweater is really old. And I don't even care. I have made it to work, and I have some hot coffee and a few Hersheys kisses.

Some day I'd like to think that I'll be able to get up and stay up, and sometimes I can...but boy, it's hard. My couch invites sleep. But I really really like sitting on that couch! Some day I'd like to think that putting my makeup on in the car on the way to work is a rare occasion instead of the norm. Plus it's not that safe.

Some day I'd like to think that I will have it all together and all my problems will be solved, but there is some comfort in knowing that will not happen in this life--it's an eternal process.


Well, off to work. Today's tasks include finding fun Christmas songs to do in service, practicing my guitar, sending gobs of emails, putting together set lists, and other fun things. It's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Fun to know a little about what's going on with you these days. Hope all is well.

cal+claire said...

Sounds like a perfect morning to me haha. I rarely allow myself more than 30 minutes to get ready.
See you in two weeks!