Thursday, September 18, 2008

I took my husband out on the town!

"What did you do when you took him out on the town?" you might be asking.

Let me fill you in.

When I heard about the Joyce Meyer conference going on in San Jose this weekend, I thought "Wow, Daniel would LOVE to go to that." And when I heard that Darlene Zschech from Hillsong would be leading worship, I thought "Oh man. If we DON'T go to the conference, Daniel will probably be so upset that he missed it. It's in his best interest that I suck it up and take him to the conference."

So, being the lovely wife that I am, I suffered through the Joyce Meyer conference for the sake of my husband's utmost happiness and enjoyment.

Something tells me you're not buying all this...am I right?

Okay okay. So I like Joyce Meyer, but when I found out that Darlene Zschech was going to lead worship, I was like "oh my gosh. I HAVE to go to this conference!" And I'm kind of hesitant to ask women to things of this nature because I've found that a lot of women don't enjoy conferences. So I thought I'd take Daniel. I am exposed. He graciously went with me to the conference last night...it was so good he actually suggested that we come back this morning, which we did!

Like I said before, I like Joyce Meyer. But this weekend I was thoroughly impressed with her, actually. She did an amazing job of speaking practical, simple truth and entertaining her audience as well. She's really funny and fun to listen to in person.

And I was soooo interested to see how Darlene Zschech leads worship. She's a female vocalist worship leader (no instrument), which is how I like to lead worship as well and did at Trinity. I've never gotten to see another female worship leader lead as just a vocalist, and I was so excited to see how she does it. I did notice a lot of things about her that I believe are important in a worship leader, and probably the thing I noticed the most about her was that she wasn't performing. She was worshiping. And there is a huge difference. And she invited the Spirit into the room and created an environment that made it easy to feel the freedom to worship as we chose. It was really amazing. I've never worshiped like that in a large arena full of people and felt like it was so intimate. God was definitely in that place!!! It was the same thing this morning as well. I was so thankful for the opportunity to go and I was also grateful to Daniel for coming with me---and it blessed me that he wanted to come back!


And Joyce did say she welcomed men at her conferences....Daniel was a little afraid he'd be the only guy there. Not the case. And his masculinity is protected :)

Afterwards, I had the biggest craving for the Quesadilla Explosion salad from Chili's. Weird, huh? It's so good and I hadn't had one since Texas. It was a Chili's night. For those of you who get sick of Chili's, don't take it for granted. There will come a day when all you'll want is Chili's.

So, that's our newest news...I must run to the kitchen at camp. We have a group up here and it's pasta night! It doesn't really matter what it is, actually. It's free.

1 comment:

RacheldHurley said...

ooh, I was supposed to go to that conference tonight. this makes me sad I missed it. and pasta night sounds so good right now...